Courthouse Established in 1847
  • 100 North State St. Ste 101
    Abbeville, LA 70510
  • Office (337) 898-1992Fax (337) 898-4556
  • Mon - Fri 8:30 - 4:30Sat - Sun CLOSED


Change or Correct a Passport

Do you need to correct or update your U.S. Passport

Pick the topic below to learn how.

Change Your Name

The process to change your name on your passport varies depending on your situation.

Please choose below to find the process that applies to you:

Correct a Data or Printing Error

A passport issued with a data error (e.g., name, sex, or place of birth) or printing error (e.g., data is missing on the biographical page, discoloration, crooked printing, etc.) can be corrected at no charge if the passport is still valid.

To correct a data or printing error:

Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
Change of Sex Marker
Please visit the for more information